At Greenbrier, we do the hard work that matters. The Greenbrier Companies (NYSE:GBX) is powering the movement of products around the world as a leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of freight rail transportation equipment and services.
Greenbrier’s heritage of hard work and industrial innovation is celebrated at every level of our organization. We structure our business to support teams that deliver innovative solutions for our customers while positively impacting the world around us.
Explore some of the jobs they are offering here!
Machine Operator Lvl C Responsibilities
o perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform the following essential duties satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Follow all EHS rules and regulations.
- Produce parts according to print requirements, and produce tooling, fixtures or other parts using various types of machinery.
- Measure part dimensions using calipers, micrometers, or other types of measurement.
- Maintain tools and equipment in good, clean working order to maximize tool life
- Perform safety checks on every machine, keeping work area clean and orderly.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by the Production Manager, or Plant Manager.
Machine Operator Lvl C Requirements
- Ability to learn and understand basic machine operation.
- Ability to focus and pay close attention to detail while managing and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Ability to use or learn to use measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, and tape measures.
- Ability to learn process for determining and regulating speed and feed rates of machines.
- Ability to work and communicate within a team setting.
- Ability to recognize defects, out-of-tolerance measurements and escalating those matters to management.
- Ability to document measurements and other criteria legibly when required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- One to three years’ work experience.
- Experience working in a production environment using heavy industrial equipment and/or machinery.
Greenbrier’s success begins with people. We believe in supporting our global workforce through our unwavering attention to Safety, Quality, Respect for People and Customer Satisfaction. Our IDEAL commitment is rooted in these values, which promotes Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Access, and Leadership, creating a culture where employees are fulfilled and feel good about coming to work every day. A diverse, qualified, and engaged talent base is the key to our success.