At Amsted Rail, our organization is only as strong as the people we employ. We are continuously evolving to meet the demands of our customers and the market in order to remain an industry leader, and we encourage our employees to do the same. To help employees continuously grow and develop in an ever-changing marketplace, we have developed a formal People Development process that focuses on aligning development activities to both employee’s career interests as well as the needs of the business. Amsted Rail’s People Development process will provide the tools necessary to build our pipeline of talent for the future as well as create a rich and rewarding career experience.
Explore some of the jobs they are offering here!
General Laborer Responsibilities
The laborer position is an entry level position that should progress to the other basic foundry jobs based on bidding, training and qualification.
Will be responsible for learning and fulfilling the needs of the production departments in various positions. The laborer performs any combination of tasks relating to melting, casting, mold preparation, wheel preparation, moving foundry materials and facility housekeeping
The position may be moved at management’s discretion until they bid to a permanent position.
There is a 90 day probationary period. Regular Pay Rate $28.93. Openings are on our afternoon and overnight shifts.
General Laborer Responsibilities
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be available to work any of the shifts in a 24 hour operation, and permanently be placed on an off shift, work weekends and greater than 8 hours per day when needed.
- Possess mechanical aptitude/ability.
- Ability to learn Statistical Process Control Methods
- Express work ethic/standards, initiative, attention to detail, and safety awareness.
- Must maintain attendance and dependability.
- Must work well with others in a team atmosphere.
- Position involves regular bending and lifting; standing for long periods of time; pushing and pulling.
- Candidates must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Candidates should have reliable transportation, be able to pass a pre-employment respirator use exam, background check, and drug screen. Experience working in the metals industry is a plus.
Why Amsted Rail?
Amsted Rail is an industry leader that can offer more than a chance to succeed. This is where you can thrive. Our environment is energetic, our people are motivated and our career paths can take you where you want to go. We pride ourselves on being the market leader as well as having a management philosophy that promotes a culture of dignity and respect for all our employees.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as a retirement package that includes match on 401k contributions and an employee stock ownership program.
Amsted Rail offers employees the stability of an established industry leader, along with the chance to learn, grow, advance and make a difference. As a private company, we are all stakeholders in this business and all have a common goal to make this company not only a profitable company, but also a place to grow our careers. We strive to be a place that people are attracted to, and like to think we go steps beyond to make sure our employees are happy on the job – and away from it.