The City of Leavenworth, Kansas Police Department is seeking qualified applicants for the positions listed below. Please click on a job title below for more information about the position and our hiring process.
A career with the Leavenworth Police Department offers a wide variety of opportunities for our police officers. After meeting certain requirements, officers are eligible for specialized assignments and promotions. Specialized assignments include:
- Drone Team Pilot
- School Resource Officer (SRO)
- SWAT Team Member
- Crisis Negotiator
- Bomb Team Technician
- Traffic Officer
- K-9 Handler
- Field Training Officer
- Department Instructor
- Polygraph Examiner
Additionally, our city provides a comprehensive benefit package for employees that includes:
Starting pay for Patrol Officers is $40,248.14*
*In addition to any annual COLA increases, our patrol officers, detectives, and sergeants receive a 7.5% increase at their 3, 6, 10, & 15 year anniversary upon meeting certain requirements.
- Specialty pay for specialized assignments
- KP&F Retirement system
- Paid Sick Leave- 12 days per year with no maximum accumulation.
- Paid Annual leave- 12 days in first year, 22.5 days maximum depending upon years of service. Maximum annual carryover is 30 days.
- Tuition Reimbursement- Up to $2,000 per year for job related education expenses.
- Eleven paid holidays per year.
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance- Free for single coverage, City pays 75% of family plan.
- Employee Assistance Program
- ICMARC- a Deferred Compensation Program
- AFLAC Products
- Longevity Bonus
- Recruiting Bonus
- Uniforms, vest, boots, equipment, and weapon provided
- No residency requirement
For information about a career in Law Enforcement, click here.
All completed applications must be returned to the Leavenworth Workforce Development Center located at 515 Limit – Suite 200 – Leavenworth, KS 66048.